Style Summary

When I bought this dress, pairing it with these tights and shoes was the first outfit combo that popped into my head. I can't quite put words to the reasons, but I do have a slight obsession with color tights. I found a dark orange pair at Target today for $1.50. It may be a challenge working them into my wardrobe but for that price they were impossible to pass up. 

SUNDAY headband: charming charlie, earrings: target, necklace: f21, dress: antrhopologie
tights: target, shoes: dsw

I subbed at my old daycare center on Tuesday so I kept my outfit pretty casual. True story: when I wear colored tights there it weirds some of the kids out - they "pet" my legs like crazy and ask all sort of funny questions; "it is sticky?" is one of their favorites.

TUESDAY earrings: target, necklace: francesca's, shirt: banana republic, cords: thrifted,
shoes: aldo

Looking through this week's outfits, it's also pretty obvious that I also have a thing for blue shoes, but Tuesday's and Thursday's are extra special! They are part of a little pregnancy tradition Husbandie and I started. Before the gender-reveling ultrasounds of each our pregnancies, I would pick out two pairs of shoes, one pink and one blue. Once we knew the "correct" color, I'd then keep the "right" shoes. Tuesday's are Big Buddy's shoes and these are Mini Man's.

Thursday earrings: target, sweater & jeans: gap, shirt: banana republic, shoe: dsw

This dress is one of the my favorite pieces. It's comfortable and I love the color.  It's also proven to be extremely durable and versatile. I've owned it for almost four years now and I have worn it a ton. Here are some examples since I started blogging: one, two, three, and four.

Friday earrings:target, necklace: francesca's, dress: anthropologie, tight: target,
shoes: thrifted
*there are two different pairs of shoes because I wore the blue ones during the day when
chasing after the kids and the heels out to dinner. 
 


Want more? Check out these sites to see lots of other moms having fun with their clothes.
 Momma Go Round pleated poppy

5 comments:

  1. I love your green dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That green dress of yours is one of my favorites, too! And the shoe idea is soo sweet! I love it. You look gorgeous, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green top most this week. I'm swinging by from Monday Mingle (even though it is Tuesday). This week, I'm talking denim trends weekhttp://www.momtrends.com/2012/03/spring-denim-trends/

    ReplyDelete
  4. SUPER CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVING the colored tights! SUPER AWESOME style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly green is stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - you make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...