Style Summary

In a recent Glamour issue, Victoria Beckham listed boat shoes (when you aren't on a boat) as one of her fashion don'ts. I'll concede that they aren't the most flattering of shoes - especially this grandmotherly pair which I got for mere pennies at a rummage sale. They are however extremely comfortable and a much better choice than heels if your day includes lots of twirling with children. 

SUNDAY shirt: h&m, skirt: anthropologie, shoes; thrift; twirling partner: mini man

I'm surprised this dress hasn't made it on the blog more. I wear it a lot because it's extremely comfortable - pretty much an oversized t-shirt. 

TUESDAY earrings & scarf: target, belt & shoes: thrift, dress: gap

This dress is not something I normally wear. It's a little short plus yellow and white are usually colors I avoid. When I saw it in one of our local thrift stores, though, it was like it was calling my name and then I saw the price: $3.33. There was no way I could leave it behind. I'm not sure of the year it was made but I'm guessing from the tag that it's a vintage piece. The fabric is pretty thick and extremely soft so despite the short length and snugger fit it's very comfortable. 

WEDNESDAY EVENING earrings: target, necklace: f21, jacket: tjmaxx,
dress: thrift, shoes: dsw
 

Ha - this skirt is yellow (well mustard) and white too. It was another piece I was immediately drawn to and again, because of the amazing price, I couldn't leave it behind. I've owned it for over five years now and it's still a piece I love. Maybe I should I rethink my aversion to yellow and white clothing...

FRIDAY sunglasses & shirt: thrift, skirt: gap (outlet), shoes: payless

Want more? Check out these sites to see lots of other ladies having fun with their clothes.
pleated poppy
WatchOutForTheWoestmans

Thrifters Anonymous

20 comments:

  1. I love that dress in the second picture...so simple, but so pretty! I would love for you to come link up to my Sunday Style linky party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't own a pair of boat shoes but i do think i do need a pair!

    xo,
    Sandy
    Sandy a la Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are seriously the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned!

      Delete
  3. I love all of your outfits. You're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the boat shoes with the dress, and the aqua with the mustard is so cute!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually agree with Victoria Beckham when it comes to fashion, however, I am disagreeing with her on the boat shoes. I love boat shoes! They are such a great casual alternative to heels.

    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks they are wonderful. Maybe Mrs. Beckham just needs to try on a pair...

      Delete
  6. Such great style! I adore your hair...so much fun! Friday's outfit is my favorite - I am loving the color mix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such great looks! Love that striped dress. ;) It will be so adorable with tights or leggings in the cooler weather. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your style! That first outfit is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so when can i come over and raid your closet? also. boat shoes when not on a boat? always.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ummmmm....kuddos to you for getting dressed everyday. wow. I haven't jumped on the boat shoe train, but they do look comfy. What does Posh Spice know anyway? :)
    -Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  11. love all these looks, especially the last one! as for boat shoes, I don't think anything that comfortable can be called ugly, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your outfits are cute! I love your 3.33 dress the best though! And what an awesome deal! I usually have such a hard time finding smaller clothes (that's the type that would fit me) in thrift stores, but you've done a good job of it, looks like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, small sizes can be difficult to find sometimes. i try to go often and lately I've been oddly lucky.

      Delete
  13. love that stripes dress! you look so good with your hair slicked back like that!

    Lindsey
    http://thriftandshout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, it was a little out of my comfort zone but i ended up really liking it.

      Delete
  14. I adore all these looks! The last might be favorite. It's so cute. You have such great style! Popping over from WIWW.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - you make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...