Sending Birthday Hugs

I've never been very good at remembering to send out birthday cards, but I'm determined to train my children differently. I want them to develop that habit of celebrating others - to be conscious of the importance of letting others know they are loved. 


While working in childcare I had done projects similar to this handprint hug craft for Valentine's day and Mother's day but I thought receiving three birthday hugs in the mail would also be a fun surprise for our long distance relatives.

Our supplies: tempera paint, small bowls, foam brushes, white construction paper, scissors, a measuring tape, scotch tape & a roll of vellum paper

Step #1: if need be, mix desired paint color

we had to mix up some green b/c it's mini man's favorite color and we were all out 
Step #2: paint hands


Step #3: press hands onto construction paper


Step #4: while handprints are drying use measuring tape to measure arm span.

i had heard somewhere that your arm span was equal to your height so we measured height too.
each of the children's arm span's where 1/2 - 1" shorter than their height
Step #5: cut length of arm span out of rolled vellum paper (or any long paper) and fold accordion style.

Step #6: cut out handprints.

Step #7 tape handprints to both ends of vellum strip.

their hugs

finished hugs and a big buddy written birthday "card"

Looking for more homeschool or craft ideas? Check out these link parties: Link and Learn, Made by Little Hands, Montessori Monday, Hip Homeschool Hop, Preschool CornerFor the Kids Fridays, and Show and Share Saturday.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. This is so precious. I am stopping by from HipHomeschoolMoms. I hope you'll consider adding this to Look What We Did, a month long link up hosted by HammockTracks. I think the readers would enjoy this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - you make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...