DIY Wood Plaque Word Art

When I saw this on Pinterest I knew I wanted to create my own version. It took me over a year to actually do it and when I did I made two (or six?) different ones for our home. 

The first was of our family values (read more about them here) to hang in our bathroom.



Then I made a cute little sign for the boys' room.


Here's how I put them together:

Supplies: wood plaque, wood letters (you can purchase all kinds of different sizes at most craft stores), elmer's glue, a ruler, a pencil, primer, sand paper, paint, foam brush, and a small tip brush.

Step 1: Use pencil and ruler to mark out where you would like to place your letters.


Step 2: Glue letters down.


Step 3: Sand and paint with primer.


Step 4: Paint with chosen color and sand.


Step 5: Repeat step 4.

And that's it; easy personalized art for your walls! 

our brother superhero wall

Looking for more creative home ideas? Check out these great link parities: Transformation Thursday, Weekly Creative, Show & Tell Saturday

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love the one about big brothers. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these, thanks so much for linking up and joining in, hope you'll be back sharing more of your great creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - you make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...