A few worthwhile things I've stumbled upon while wandering the internets.
- It drives me crazy when people say "God only gives us what we can handle", He frequently gives us more - we are suppose to need Him and His people. However, this meme still made me chuckle and will probably be my response to that phrase from now on.
- Stunning pictures of four sisters over thirty-six years.
- Another link about pictures - a photographer convinces strangers to pose in affectionate poses together with some fascinating results.
- I've put myself on a spending freeze (besides Christmas presents) until the New Year, but that doesn't stop me from browsing and I am currently a bit obsessed with this chic, yet comfortable-looking dress.
- When not on a spending freeze, one of my favorite online boutiques is Ever+Mi.Crush, and they are having a storewide 50% off sale through Friday, November 1st. Tons of great deals! Here are three of my favorites: 1, 2, &, 3.
- A map showing the post popular girl names of the last six decades by state. I was surprised by which states were the trend-starters.
- Take a short quiz here to discover which state matches your personality.
- An insightful comic on what it really means to live a full life.
- Have you heard about How About We yet? Jeremy & I signed up last month and we were very pleased with our experience. When you become a member you get to choose a free date every month; we are excited to try out some new places we otherwise would have never known about. Their dates you can purchase are fabulous as well as lots of out-of-the-box ideas at great prices. Use this link to save $50 on your first date.
- As Christians we say we are saved by grace, but is that really how we live? Or do we live like we are saved by being right?
- Speaking of being right, around this time of year one of the common questions in Christian culture is whether or not it's right/ok to celebrate Halloween. In our home we celebrate mostly for the community aspect...we like the opportunity it provides to see so many of our neighbors. Jeremy and I, however, found this article on the history of Halloween and it's Christian origins quite fascinating.
- On a more frivolous note, if you want to know a little more about the candy your children (and if honest, you) will be enjoying tomorrow check out this fact filled and humorous video.
And here's a few things around Joyfully Weary you might find interesting
- I finally got around to posting some photos from Jeremy's littlest sister Emily's wedding.
- I also updated the photos on the about me page.
- Lastly, if you are a fellow homeschooler, here are a few old Thanksgiving-themed posts that might interest you: Thankgiving/Turkey trays, A silly Thanksgiving book & craft idea, and a stuffed glove turkey craft.
Linking up with Friday's Fab Favorites.