A few worthwhile things I've stumbled upon while wandering the internet....
- I love hearing about people/communities who are willing to think outside the box to solve problems, the way Utah is ending their homelessness epidemic is inspiring.
- 12 unborn animals in the womb/egg - it's fascinating/awe-inspiring to see how they develop.
- A fun quiz about what city you should actually live in. I got Paris, what's your city?
- Old-fahsioned things girls of the '80s and '90s loved - I was at some point obsessed with almost all of these things. I also thought I wanted to be Amish.
- My little girl is pretty feminine. Don't get me wrong she loves doing stunts with her brothers but she also loves pink, dolls, sparkles, and clothes. I don't really have a problem with toy companies making items pink or purple; what scared me about this article, was how sexualized our girl toys have become. It's shocking that now not even Trolls and Cabbage Patch Dolls are allowed to just be cute; they also have to conform to the world's ideal standard of beauty. I can't help but wonder if toys like these are robbing our daughters of the precious innocence of childhood.
- Smaug created from the pages of a Hobbit book - Big Buddy loved this!
- I know I've listed booklist sites before but if you are a homeschooler, this one is also worth checking out. Their lists are divided my core subjects as well as holidays, character qualities, and book awards. Another thing I like about this site is that each book suggestion comes with a detail synopsis.
- Another great homeschooling site, TeacherTube. I was searching for a video about Gilgamesh, for our history lesson, and stumbled upon this site. There are tons of free educational videos.
- Another kid friendly sight YouTube yoga videos for kids. Jeremy and I have been doing some workout videos of our own and Little Lady asked for a kid version. Found these and we've been very impressed; the instructor takes the kids on a short (10-15 minute) dramatic play adventure.
- Little Lady is turning three next week and is growing like a weed, so I've been on the hunt for more dresses/skirts for her. Old Navy currently has some fun dresses on sale for under $10 (plus everything is 15% off). I really like these four: 1, 2, 3, & 4. These two are a bit over $10 but still pretty fabulous: 1, & 2.
- I also couldn't help but also look at Old Navy's women's section. I have one of their fit and flare dresses and love how it fits; currently, they are selling there striped version for just $16.
And my favorite Instagram of the week....
|click here to follow me on instagram|
We finally worked up the courage to go skating with our three kiddos. It was a workout but a ton of fun - hoping, we can go again this weekend.