What I've Been Wearing



Before I had kids I had never been able to curl my hair. In high school I tried lots of devices and products and could never get a curl/wave to stay more than an hour.  One of the results of pregnancy for me, though, is that my hair is now a bit thicker and actually has some texture. I just started adding some waves a couple months back and like how it looks. I'm, however, out of practice and rarely have a lot time alone in the bathroom (kids!) so I don't get to do it as often as I'd like and am still mastering the technique. 

cowl: gift/diy (similar $55), shirt: old, belt: thrift, skirt: thrift (similar $110),
shoes: dsw (similar $37)


This dress is an old one for Anthropologie. My mother-in-law took the hem down a bit for me a couple years back. However, it still feels a little too short to wear with out tights - kids make short hemlines more complicated. With some thick sweater tights, though, it feels presentable - you at least won't be able see anything if I happen to bend over in too much of a hurry. 

cardigan: vintage/thrift (similar $50 or $60), dress: anthrpologie,  necklace: f21 (similar $13)
earrings: charming charlies, tights: target (similar $12), shoes: gift (same)


It's gotten really cold here again. When I'm not layering tights, I prefer cords; they are so much warmer than jeans!

cardigan: vs (similar $48) shirt: old navy (similar $25), pants: h&m (similar $93 or $40),
boots: old navy (same)

Want more? Check out these link parties to see lots of other ladies having fun with their clothes: Watch What I'm Wearing,  Monday MingleTotally PostedStyle Sessions,  What I Wore Wednesdayand Favorite Fashion Friday.   

7 comments:

  1. Loving the gorgeous jewel tones you've been rockin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're adorable
    I love the braid in your hair and the color of your skirt. and pretty much everything in the other pictures.

    www.roothess-xo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that first look with the blues and green. Looks fantastic!!! Stopping by from WIWW :)

    - Emily @ alittlebitofem.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so crazy that your hair got thicker and wavier after you had kids. I haven't had kids, but I hope that happens to me too :)

    I love that pretty anthro dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know a lot of women report thicker hair while pregnant but for some reason my just didn't seem to fall out - which is good because it was pretty thin before :) Keeping my fingers crossed that the same thing happens to you too.

      Delete
  5. i love your choice of prints! great outfits! :)

    Found your post via Favorite Fashion Friday link up... hope you stop by and let me know your thoughts on my outfit. :)

    Rhea, Et Cetera - trench coat & coral

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - you make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...