A few worthwhile things I've stumbled upon while wandering the internet....
|favorite pinterest quote of the week.|
- Despite the weather, I am holding out hope that summer is coming! Here are 31 DIY's to make your backyard even more amazing.
- My youngest brother has down syndrome, this video of people dancing to Happy to celebrate World Down Syndrome Day, brought a huge smile to my face.
- I'm not sure that Jeremy is really hold out any hope that our children follow in his footsteps, but even if they don't these, 15 books for little architects, are still pretty cute.
- Jeremy and I are both currently obsessed with Game of Thrones. I get nervous that's it is not going anywhere good but the story telling is so compelling that I just can't help but watch. If you are fan of the show you might get chuckle our the houses rebranded in to major corporations.
- I'm really enjoying the current movement of just letting kids be kids again (i.e. stop trying to wrap them in a protective bubble or turn them in to a prodigy). Here's another great article from a physician encouraging parents to relax, because our kids probably aren't going to end up in the pros.
- Another parenting post: What Every Kids Needs to Hear but Most Parent's Aren't Saying. I struggle with this, my childhood was rough, and I want to provide my children with a better one. I, however, don't want to ruin them by coddling them too much.
- And a funny parenting post, "25 Words That Have a Totally Different Meaning When You're A Parent."
- A real estate blog has put together a map of America's music listening preferences. Not sure why it matters, I wouldn't really consider a states musical tastes before moving there, but it is interesting nonetheless.
- Vogue did a fun tribute to the best bangs of all time. For as long as I can remember I've had a thing for bangs. I get tired of them and grow them out, but then I always decided I want them back. I haven't always had the the best, or even good bangs for that matter, but I do enjoy them.
|just for fun, me and my 2nd grade bangs. i don't think|
they'd look so bad if it wasn't for the random
balloons fasten to my head.
- Have you seen Peter Som's Kohl's collection yet? It contains some really great pieces, most of which are under $50. This multi colored striped maxi dress would be perfect for the summer. While this black and white colored blocked dress would work for any season and could easily be dressed up or down. I've never tried a romper, but this one looks so classy that I almost want to give it a chance.
- If are still looking for some kid friendly Easter ideas, please be sure to check our our Bunny Bookmarks and Homeschool Easter Unit.
Linking up with, Friday's Fab Favorites