A few worthwhile things I've stumbled upon while wandering the internet....
- I've really enjoyed reading and watching the events that have surrounded International Women's Day. The HeForShe campaign has really resonated with me. I've considered myself a feminist since early high school but the word "feminism", especially in evangelical christianity, gets a bad rap. I'm not a man hater and I am not promoting promiscuity. I do, however, believe that men and and women are equal bearers of the image of God. I think it's great how Emma Watson has made it clear that being a feminist simple means you want equality for all.
|via the Huffington Post.|
- Eight other great quotes from Emma Watson's International Women's Day talk or if you have time you can just watch the video.
- If you still need some convincing that Christians should be feminist this is a great article.
- This blog post, "To My Sons on International Women's Day", hit home. I worry about how my sons will face the gender inequality that exists in this world. I worry about how these ideas might corrupt their hearts...how it could give a foothold to sin. I pray that they will stand up for what is right even if it's hard, even it means making a sacrifice.
- One more on feminism, 10 Ted Talks Every Woman Should See.
- 12 fiction books to stretch and foster your theology. I highly recommend Gilead and the Poisonwood Bible.
- If you are a homeschooler, here is a helpful link party: 60 homeschool parents share what their days looks like.
- One of my friends, who I consider to be very wise, has been posting about her journey to rid her home of the disease of anger. It's been very thought provoking. This post, "Habitually Disciplining While Angry", was especially convicting.
- Spring always has me dreaming of pretty dresses. I've spent way too many minutes browsing online...here are some my favorites: one, two, three, four, five, six, and seven
- Last week my friend Sarah invited me over to try on some spring dresses she's been designing. They were so pretty and comfy I'm ordering a coordinating set for Little Lady and myself.
|picture via Sarah Soulspeak|
|picture via: Sarah Soulspeak|