Web Wanderings

A few worthwhile things I've stumbled upon while wandering the internet....
  • I've really enjoyed reading and watching the events that have surrounded International Women's Day. The HeForShe campaign has really resonated with me. I've considered myself a feminist since early high school but the word "feminism", especially in evangelical christianity, gets a bad rap. I'm not a man hater and I am not promoting promiscuity. I do, however, believe that men and and women are equal bearers of the image of God. I think it's great how Emma Watson has made it clear that being a feminist simple means you want equality for all. 
via the Huffington Post.
  • If you still need some convincing that Christians should be feminist this is a great article
  • This blog post, "To My Sons on International Women's Day",  hit home. I worry about how my sons will face the gender inequality that exists in this world. I worry about how these ideas might corrupt their hearts...how it could give a foothold to sin.  I pray that they will stand up for what is right even if it's hard, even it means making a sacrifice. 
  • Spring always has me dreaming of pretty dresses. I've spent way too many minutes browsing online...here are some my favorites: one, two, three, four, five, six, and seven
picture via  Sarah Soulspeak

picture via: Sarah Soulspeak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - you make me smile :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...