This past week has been full of cold cloudy days. On days like those I prefer to curl-up on the couch and read/nap. My kiddos usually have different ideas though and they talked me in to making some sweets. We decided to tweak the traditional rice krispie treat recipe and make something a little more festive.
- stick of butter
- 2 - 10oz packages of marshmallows
- 1/2 cup of pumpkin
- 1 t pumpkin spice
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 box (12oz) rice cereal
- tootsies rolls
- 1 T butter
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Slowly add marshallmallows and stir until melted.
- Stir in pumpkin, pumpkin spice, and vanilla.
- Slowly stir in rice cereal.
- Coat hands with butter and create small balls with the rice mixture.
- Place balls on wax paper and push a tootsie roll into the top.
- Let cool.
Mini Man and Little Lady are pretty self sufficient in the kitchen and made the recipe all by themselves with just a little guidance from me. They were a great team and were so proud of their creations.