Skip to main content

Web Wanderings


A few worthwhile things I've stumbled upon while wandering the internet....

  • I'm sure almost every mother struggles with feelings of being overwhelmed - "There so much I need to do, I didn't get anything done today!" That's why this quote made me smile; a simple  reminder of a 'task' that should be one of the upmost importance. 

found via pinterest

  • If like me you are fan of young adult fiction, they make great beach readshere are 95 suggestions
  • If you are looking for books for your children to enjoy this summer, here are 24 that should captivate them. This is a great out of the box list, most of these books are ones I have yet to read/hear about. 
  • One more book related item. Have you heard of the Lost My Name books. A child wakes up to discover that they have lost there name and then goes on an adventure to find it. The book is customizable and would make a great gift for a 2 to 5 year old. 
  • Summer always seems to bring out my thrifting gene. Spring cleaning means that the house is a little less cluttered and that I now have a handle on what we need. The warm weather also makes being out and about more enjoyable. My friend, Katie, who blogs at Banks of Squaw Creek, put together a fun series call Thrift Fix Which offers lots of great advice on how to be successful in your thrifting. I was honored to be one of the bloggers who shared some insights. 
  • This summer I started a playground tour with some local moms. It was fun researching the parks in our area and deciding which ones to include. Hence, this article of amazing playgrounds from around the world was fascinating to me. Our favorite playground so far has been Deicke park in Huntley. If you are local it's definitely worth visiting. 
  • Someday, Jeremy is going to design a house for us and it will have some secret passages! In the mean time, though,  here are 25 I can daydream about
  • Now that my hair is getting longer, I've been trying a couple different braided styles. Emily from, Cupcakes and Cashmere, offered some great general tips for braiding
  • I've mentioned before that eShakti is one of my favorite online boutiques and currently, until 6/19, they are having an amazing sale - buy 2 items and get 35% off!  They have a lot of new pieces (they are continually updating their store), here are a few of my current favorites. 

1 - I adore the bright floral print of this dress. 
2 - A fun graphic rabbit print
3 - Another fun print, love that all there clothes are customizable so I'd be able to make this a bit longer. If shifts aren't your style they also offer this print in an a-line design. 
4  - I'd also customize this dress too by adding some straps. 
5 - Another fun print, this time in blue and white. 
6 - Perfect colors for a summer skirt. 
7 - The trellis detail around the waist of dress is so pretty. 

Have you stumbled upon any fun web finds lately? If so please share below. 

Comments

  1. Isn't eShakti great? I am such a fan of their flattering designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking the tips for braiding - I just cut my hair off and I need some new ways to braid it and style it. And I love summer too - I'm actually headed to the thrift store after work today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love eshakti too! I just bought my first dress from them about 2 months ago. Then I ordered 3 more dresses right away. I love that they are having sales now...i don't think they used to do that? Thanks for popping by...I'm going to check out those book lists...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - you make me smile :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Little Red Cardboard Barn

We've finished our farm unit and are moving on to a new theme tomorrow - but before we do I wanted share the barn we made. The wooden farm animals came with a beautiful handmade ark that we gave Big Buddy for Christmas a couple years ago.  I would someday love to have a wood barn but it's currently not in the budget. So in the mean time we decided to improvise and make our own.  I stumbled upon this perfectly sized milk box (4 gallons per box) while subbing and thought it would be sturdy enough to handle play. Hubandie and the boys used an x-acto knife and wood glue to build a barn shape. to get the doors to fold out hubandie used an x-acto knife and scored the inside of the cardboard We then painted with a basic primer and outlined a window and a door with painters tape. cardboard is very porous so priming is a must if you want decent coverage Big Buddy however insisted that we add more windows so it looked like the barn in our book The Big

Preschool Syllabus: Dr. Seuss

Normally I'd do a Dr. Seuss unit in March around his birthday. We had to do one now though because on Saturday Big Buddy and I going on a date to a  Dr. Seuss exhibit . The exhibit is only at the museum until January and I'm afraid if we don't go now we might not get the chance. We are of course reading lots of Dr. Seuss's books. A great advatage to studying Dr. Seuss in November rather than March is that all his books were available at the library. I also found a great children's biography which is perfect for preschoolers. Pebble First Biographies: Dr. Seuss  We've read it a couple times and Big Buddy loves reciting all the facts he's learned WRITING CENTER ADDITIONS big buddy's name in sand paper letters, coloring pages  & mazes from seussville.com skills practiced: fine motor, letter recognition, creativity,  reading comprehension LEARNING "TRAYS" -   I rotate these, setting out about four a day from which the boy&#

Jack-O-Lanterns on the Fridge

Last fall I saw the idea for refrigerator pumpkins with face pieces in FamilyFun Magazine  and have been anxious to recreate them ever since. It was pretty quick and easy and since the only thing we didn't have on hand was magnetic sheets ($1.50 with coupon at Joann's) it was also very cheap. my supplies: magnetic sheets, orange & black construction paper, white pen, tacky glue *i know they have self adhesive sheets but my Joann's didn't carry them   glued (very messily) and ready to cut Both the boys were quite enthused when they discovered them after rest time :) Hopefully it will keep them entertained until we carve real pumpkins.